CARAMELIZED PEACH, CANDIED BACON AND BRIE GRILLED CHEESE WITH ROSEMARY-SHERRY-HONEY REDUCTION
Makes 4 servings
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more to
• 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon
• 1 cup fresh peaches, sliced
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup sherry or blush wine
vinaigrette dressing (found at
Central Market), or any desired
• 1 cup sherry wine
• 6 sprigs rosemary (reserve 2 for
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/2 cup high-quality peach
• 8 slices brioche bread
• 16 ounces brie
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine 4 tablespoons brown sugar, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Rub mixture onto bacon slices, coating evenly. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook 20-30 minutes to desired crispiness. Reserve.
2. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add peaches, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss peaches gently with a wooden spoon so they don’t break. Cook 6-8 minutes until peaches are golden brown. Reserve.
3. In a separate saucepan, bring sherry vinaigrette dressing and sherry wine to a simmer over low heat. Add 4 rosemary sprigs and reduce by half. Add the honey and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and simmer until brown sugar has dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Keep warm.
4. Heat a waffle iron or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Spread 2 tablespoons peach preserves on each bottom slice of brioche. Top each with 1/4 cup caramelized peaches, then 4 ounces brie and 2 bacon slices, each cut in half. Top with brioche and spread remaining butter on both sides of sandwich before grilling. If using a waffle iron, heat for 4 minutes until toasted and cheese begins to ooze out. If grilling in a pan, cook 2 minutes per side until cheese begins to ooze. Cut each sandwich into four pieces, drizzle with sherry reduction and garnish with rosemary.